Current Page: Calendar/Events > Nelson Community Celebration
Nelson Community Celebration
Greater Nelson Businesses, Organizations, & People.
Saturday, August 29, 2020
Nelson Village and Town
Do something special to celebrate greater Nelson Community!
Based on discussions amongst greater Nelson people (past and present), we will hold a Nelson Community Celebration on third Saturday in August 2020 (August 29, 2020). This is primarily for Village and Town of Nelson past and present people. Each year for a day, we come together as a community to celebrate each other and our families, school, businesses, organizations, and community.
Building on lessons learned from Nelson Days and Nelson School Reunion, this will be a one-day event made up of several modular activities, each self-contained. Each activity will be total responsibility of whoever is carrying out that activity. Each business and organization decides how best to celebrate Nelson Community [avoid directly competing with Fire Department Hog Roast fundraiser]. These activities are connected by being carried out on same day and will be publicized on Village website, new Nelson Community Facebook page, posters, Shopper and BC Journal.
Please create other activities such as: restaurants having special early day specials, an activity on organic farming (including organic sunflowers), special entertainment, and other business and organization special events to celebrate greater Nelson community.
Activities will likely include:
- morning activity in Village’s Castleberg Park for children and their families and to promote Park,
- early afternoon introduction to Village’s Thrive! Park, 1885 era bluffside farm from which Park came, and GChris Sculpture Studio/Gallery. Bluff and woods hiking encouraged
- mid-afternoon social get-together for all from greater Nelson at Community Hall, includes special focus on Nelson School attendees and their children and grandchildren. New presentation on history of greater Nelson [For food, bring your own or purchase at Fire Department Hog Roast],
- late afternoon / early evening activity is the Nelson Volunteer Fire Department’s Hog Roast [only fund-raising activity planned for this day; rescheduled from August 15], and
- evening music at the Top Hat.
To coordinate and publicize your special activity, send activity info to either:
Co-Chair Gary “Chris” Christopherson
E298 Cleveland Street
Nelson, WI 54756
Co-Chair Heather Jo Mueller Brownell
To Learn More - Please Email Us Today!